We are excited to welcome students back to in-school class on Tuesday, February 2nd!! This is possible because of the decreasing number of COVID-19 cases in Maskwacîs. Thank you ohpikinahawasiwahk (parents/guardians) for all your support and patience over the past weeks of at-home learning. Please ensure all learning packages are returned to the school with your child.
All school health and safety measures will remain in place:
- All staff and students must complete the daily self-screening before going to school
- Strict stay at home policy in place. Anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 must stay home and follow public health orders.
- MESC schools will remain closed to the public.
Our school advisory webpage will be updated regularly. For all information regarding MESC response to COVID-19 please visit https://www.maskwacised.ca/covid-19-cases/
Student cohort 2 will begin Tuesday, February 2 in most schools. Some schools have merged student cohort groups and will attend in-school classes every week.
For the schools listed below, cohorts 1 & 2 have been merged for the groups identified. These student can now attend full time moving forward, regardless of their original cohort:
- MSS: All students
- MOS: Cohort 1&2 are all blended students and they will be in-class weekly Tuesday to Thursday. Friday is designated for AHL students to be in-class. They can attend as early as Friday, February 5, 2021.
- EJSH: Grade 12 students, and students enrolled in the Foundations programs.
- NSS: Grades 10-12 students and Grades 7-12 students enrolled in Alternative and Foundations programs.
- EES: Students enrolled in the Interactions or Foundations program
- NES: Students enrolled in the Foundations program
- EAS: Cohort 2 students will begin Tues, Feb 2nd. Cohort 1 will begin attending Thur, Feb 4th. Beginning Feb 4th, both cohorts will attend together full time.
- All other schools: remain on cohort model