The MESC-wide reset has been extended for another week. This decision was made in consultation with the Maskwacîs Directors of Emergency Management (DEM’s) and Maskwacîs Health Services (MHS). The number of active COVID-19 cases in Maskwacîs weighed heavily on this decision. During this closure:
- All MESC schools will remain closed to all headstart – grade 12 students for the week of January 31st – February 4th, 2022.
- Transportation for off-reserve students will continue during this reset.
- Learning materials for students from kindergarten – grade 9 will be delivered to students that are registered with MESC Transportation on Tuesday, February 1st. Learning packages for students in kindergarten – grade 9 that do not ride the bus can be picked up at their school.
- Meal packages will be delivered to students that are registered with MESC Transportation Thursday, February 3rd, 2022. Please ensure someone is home to receive these packages and have dogs tied up for the safety of our employees.
- On Thursday, February 3rd, 2022, between 12:00pm – 3:00pm, students that do not ride the bus at Kisipatinahk School, Meshanahk Ka Nipa Wit School and Mimiw Sakahikan School can pick meal packages at their school. Students that do not ride the bus at all other MESC schools can pick up meal packages at either Nipisihkopahk Secondary School or Ermineskin Jr./Sr. High School.
MESC will continue to do everything we can to keep students and staff safe. Please everyone stay well and follow public health orders. Updates will be posted here on the MESC Facebook page and website on Wednesday, February 2nd, 2022.