Under the direction of the Maskwacis Directors of Emergency Management (DEM’s) and Maskwacis Health Services (MHS), the MESC has initiated a reset as a preventative measure to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 in MESC schools. This reset will take effect Monday, October 4th with an anticipated reopening date of Monday, October 18th. MESC, in collaboration with the DEM’s and MHS, will reassess the situation on Wednesday, October 13th. Please check the MESC website and FaceBook for updates.
This reset means:
- In class-instruction for kindergarten – grade 12 will be paused and schools are closed to students and the public as of Monday, October 4th (including MESC Head Start programs). Classes may resume Monday, October 18th, pending the reassessment on Wednesday, October 13th.
- Teaching staff for grade 10 – grade 12 will be available to help students on-site with course work during the reset. All students coming on-site will be screened before entering the building. No lunch will be provided on-site during the reset, although snacks will be provided.
- Schools will prepare homework packages for kindergarten – grade 12 with enough material for 2 weeks. Packages will be delivered to students on Tuesday, October 5th and Wednesday, October 6th.
- The Nanâtohk Mîciwin program will prepare student meal packages for distribution on Friday, October 8th and Tuesday, October 12th. Ensure someone is home to receive these packages and dogs are tied up to ensure a safe delivery for our employees.
Please everyone stay well and follow MHS/AHS recommendations:
- Stay home unless it is essential to go out. (grocery shopping, picking up medication or work)
- Practice social distancing by trying to stay 2 metres (6 feet) apart from others.
- Wear a mask when in public spaces.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Avoid crowds.
- Stay healthy by eating healthy foods, keeping physically active, and getting enough sleep.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your school Principal.
Media: Press Release